Saturday, April 08, 2006

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

Guys.. U know what? i went to extract my wisdom tooth. It was this morning i went to dentist. i had make this appointment since last week.

The doc was the checking my teeth and i kept thinking about a show where by the this crazy dentist pluck every single tooth of his patient without tranquiliser. So that was my biggest nightmare. But luckily this doc is nice.. he did his checkup very carefully. So after checking, he found i had 3 bad positioned wisdom tooth whereby it needs extraction(surgery) and one dead Molar tooth where i need to do Root Cannal treatment.

Sob Sob.. my teeth is getting rotten. How nice if our tooth are like sharks. Sharks' teeth grow throughout it's entire life. So sharks do not worry about losing one or two because it will grow back. Back to Dentist, After i had my teeth check, i went for X-ray. Soon after that, doc started to consult me about the procedure.

When i was on the chair. The doc start his work. i was afraid and i keep crunching my fist because i was afraid of pain in my mouth. Soon after he inject the tranquiliser, it was not that bad afterall. I even felt like sleeping while the operation was going on. The best part is that doc put something for me to bite so that my mouth doesnt close. That piece of rubber was a big help to my jaw. it relief me from muscle ache.

So the whole operation took me an hours. When i walk out of the theater room, my mouth was numb and i was biting gauze to help my blood clog on the extraction site. Then the doc past me a article about post extraction.

That piece of article tell me a lot of stuff like what to expect after extraction and prevention step. It says that Blood will ooze out and do not be alarm because it looks alot but in fact is not.. my mouth would swell for 48-72 hours and then it would gradually go off. Discoloration on the extraction would happen, it might be Black-blue then pink then bla bla bla.. If swelling happen, putting ice bag on my jaw would help to ease the pain and reduce the swell.

instruction after extraction, Take fluid avoid eating hard stuff or sticky stuff. Rinse mouth gently after each meal accept for the first day. Avoid Tobacco, Avoid alchohol, and Avoid soft.

Now i'm resting at home hoping that my extraction site heal quickly. The pain is kicking in.. nvm i got antibiotic and 500mg ponstan to help me.. hehe

Well, i think i will have to go for another tooth extraction in next few weeks time.

Tune in for more ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home